How to Lay Artificial Turf
In this how-to video, This Old House landscape contractor Roger Cook creates a super-durable, all-season faux-grass play area.
In this video, This Old House landscape contractor Roger Cook explains how to lay artificial turf.
1. Dig out 6 inches of topsoil from the area.
2. Mixture together sand and pea stone.
3. Fill the area with 6 inches of the sand-and-stone mixture.
4. Tamp down the sand and stone using a gas-powered plate compactor.
5. Roll out the artificial turf across the compacted base.
6. Secure the turf with steel pins.