How to Hang a Basic Wallpaper Project
In this how-to video, This Old House host Kevin O'Connor discovers the basic steps to hanging wallpaper
In this video, This Old House host Kevin O'Connor explains how to hang wallpaper.
1. Apply wallpaper sizing to walls with a paint roller; let dry.
2. Draw a plumb layout line on wall, indicating a starting point for the wallpaper.
3. Spread wallpaper paste to back of wallpaper using a paint roller.
4. Fold over and roll the paper, then carry it to the wall.
5. Unfold the upper end and press the wallpaper to the wall; allow the upper end to extend onto the ceiling.
6. Align vertical seam with layout line on wall.
7. Use sharp razor blade to trim paper at ceiling, around window trim and at floor.
8. Peel away trimmed paper.
9. Clean wallpaper with dampened sponge.