How to Deer-Proof Small Trees
Keeping Bambi at bay with This Old House landscape contractor Roger Cook
In this video,This Old House landscape contractor Roger Cook shows how to keep Bambi at bay.
1. Use hand pruners to trim the branches on the upper portion of the tree.
2. Drive wooden stakes into the ground around the tree using a manual post pounder. Space the stakes 4 to 6 feet apart.
3. Wrap the deer netting around the wooden stakes, securing it to the stakes at the very top and bottom with ½-inch staples.
4. Hold the netting to each post with three or four cable ties.
5. Drive in one staple at each cable tie to prevent the ties from shifting out of position.