How to Choose a USB Outlet
Ask This Old House master electrician Scott Caron walks through the best options when it comes to USB wall outlets in your home
In this video, Ask This Old House master electrician Scott Caron walks through the best options when it comes to USB wall outlets in your home.
1. Scott shows off a number of options for wall outlets in your home. The first comes with two USB ports and a standard outlet option.
2. The second offers two standard outlet options along with two USB ports positioned in the center of the outlet.
3. The third option offers four USB ports in a single electrical outlet without any standard outlet.
4. Scott installed a four-port USB hub with AC adapter inside a drawer with an extension arm.
5. As another option, instead of replacing the entire outlet, Scott also shows off a cover adapter. The cover goes over an existing outlet, locking in using brass hooks that latch onto the box screws. The cover offers a USB port on the side and allows users to keep the existing two electrical outlets.