Tools & Materials
- Cut the wooden dowel into three, 16″ pieces using the handsaw.
- Mix the concrete in the five-gallon bucket until it’s the consistency of oatmeal. Use the other bucket to slowly add water. Be careful not to add too much water.
- Place the three legs in the center of the concrete bucket all equidistant from one another.
- Let the concrete cure for 24 hours.
- Bend the bucket back and forth until the concrete loosens and remove the stool.
Ben Uyeda is a design-based maker who focuses on using readily available materials for all projects. In addition to social media, his how-to videos are available on HomeMade Modern.
The concrete Ben used for the stool is manufactured by Quikrete.
All the materials Ben used for the project, including the concrete but also the 5-gallon bucket, hand saw, and wooden dowel can be found at most home centers. Be sure to have an additional bucket handy to pour water for the concrete.