Home>Discussions>BATHROOMS>What type of faucet do I have?
5 posts / 0 new
Last post
What type of faucet do I have?

We have an old house built in 1924. The faucet in our bathroom sink needs replaced but I can't find one that will work.

It is a three piece faucet that looks similar to a wall mounted faucet but it is attached to the sink. It is NOT mounted on the top of the sink. The sink is mounted to the wall and there is a 3-4" ledge that we can set things on. The faucet is mounted to the front of that.

Could someone help? I don't want to replace the sink - just the faucet.

Re: What type of faucet do I have?

Is the faucet body exposed or behind the sink as in the picture on this page:


Re: What type of faucet do I have?

Yes, the faucet is exposed but the shelf on the top of the sink is about 3-4". Am I looking for a shelf-back faucet?

Re: What type of faucet do I have?

Just Google shelf back faucet. If I remember right Eljer made one.


Re: What type of faucet do I have?

They are indeed the shelf back faucets. They are undoubtedly lesser found so you would need to keep shop hopping to find one. Its better to find a store ****** which sells those and purchase one according to your need.
By the way why don't you go for a new bathroom vanity. And if you like the vanity to be antique, even then there is a lot to pick from. I have myself bought an antique vanity 3 months back and they indeed look great.
The choice is yours and the advise is mine.:)

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.