3 posts / 0 new
Last post
What is this tool??

I came across this in a friend's garage and am puzzled as to what it could be. It slides back and forth and can lock into place using grooves.

Does anyone know what it is?

Re: What is this tool??

It looks like a type of tool used in drafting to enlarge or reduce the size of a drawing. Depending on where the pivoting point is locked, you would trace over a drawing with one end of the instrument and the other end would have a graphite tip and would draw the lines on another sheet of paper. I just can't think of the name of the instrument, but I believe that it starts with a "P".

Re: What is this tool??

The tool that I was thinking of is a Pantograph.

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.