3 posts / 0 new
Last post
what is this tool???

can anybody out there tell me what this tool is, I found it at a thrift store & could not pass it up. It is very heavy & has saw dust allover it so I figured one of you cats could help me out. Thanx Shawn

A. Spruce
Re: what is this tool???

It looks like the tooling head for a lathe, probably a metal lathe or mill.

Re: what is this tool???

I'm with Sprucey, basically.

Tooling head for lathe, most likely. Sits on a movable platform/carriage perpendicular to the axis of the bed...and whatever tool is mounted in it...is advanced into the rotating stock mounted on the lathe.

Or...could conceivably be the tailpiece from a lathe.

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.