Home>Discussions>HEALTH & SAFETY>What Is This Product?
1 post / 0 new
What Is This Product?

The home is a late 30s home in Ontario, Canada that was renovated in approximately late 70s.


In the mid-grade basement, there is wood paneling attached to nailers, which are mounted directly to the foundation.  There is a brown kraft paper type product between the nailers and the foundation.  What is this product?  There are some asbestor insulation products elsewhere in the same room, and I am wondering what this product is related to the insulation (or lack thereof).  I'm not inclined to send it for asbestos sampling yet because I don't even know what it is...


Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.