Home>Discussions>PLUMBING>What is this pipe?
2 posts / 0 new
Last post
What is this pipe?

Does anyone know what this pipe could be it looks like a 1.25 diameter and 90's up into this weird stand thing pipe is dry just seeing if anyone knows what it could possibly be? Pic below.

Re: What is this pipe?


It looks like that end is capped. The red cap looks like a surface mounted drain cover. It could be that someone used that so that nothing gets in, or nothing gets out. All depends on what is it connected to inside the building. Check there. Tha size pipe is usually used for natural gas, or very old water drain. Look inside, follow the pipe and see what device is it connected.


Handy Andy In Mt Airy NC

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.