Home>Discussions>TOOLS & PRODUCTS>what the name of this certain saw
2 posts / 0 new
Last post
what the name of this certain saw

i seen on an episode this circular saw but also looked like a chainsaw can anyone tell me what kind of saw this is and tha brand?

Re: what the name of this certain saw

I'm not sure which episode you refer to but I've seen saws that have the cutting chains similar to what you describe at right angle (90 degrees) to the saw chassis. They are used in timber framing and log home building. If I recall they are made in Europe somewhere.

Just did a "google" and they are chain beam saws. There is even an attacment that can be purchased to convert a circular saw into one.

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.