Home>Discussions>TOOLS & PRODUCTS>What kind of tool is this ?
2 posts / 0 new
Last post
What kind of tool is this ?

[email protected]Can anyone give me any information on what this is ? Appears to be a tong for either blacksmith, glass or to secure or handle something ? Loop is about 1" and ball 3/4" and 17" long Engraved Lightning Fulton, Ill. Pat Oct.12 07 thanks for your help, Tom

Re: What kind of tool is this ?

This tool is used to stretch leather in shoes to relieve rubbing on corns and bunions; the ring goes on the outside of the shoe, around the area causing pain; the ball goes on the inside of the shoe. Alcohol is sometimes applied to the area of the leather to promote its ability to be stretched.

Ask your shoe repair shop...I haven't seen one in use in over 20 years.

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.