Home>Discussions>INSULATION & HVAC>what kind of insulation for radiator pipes?
2 posts / 0 new
Last post
what kind of insulation for radiator pipes?


I have a few runs of radiator pipes that are going through unheated areas in my crawlspace & entryway. I went to the home depot and bought some frost king foam pipe insulation that was rated for up to 210 degrees - but the largest size that they had didn't fit. My pipes are 1 inch thick.
does anyone know of a pipe insulation that would fit 1" iron pipes that reach up to 170 degrees of heat??

thanks for any help!


Re: what kind of insulation for radiator pipes?

I got some quality stuff from a plumbing supply house -- not sure of the brand but it has fiberglass inside and white paper on the outside (I have a steam system and one of the runs goes through an unheated garage). This stuff works great.

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.