5 posts / 0 new
Last post
What is it called?

Does anyone know the name of this product and where to buy it? As seen on TOH, it was yellow plastic, about 15 inches wide (so it fits between rafters) and perhaps 4 feet long (?). It's purpose is to prevent my insulation from covering the screened vents in the soffit and therefore preventing air circulation above the insulation. Thanks in advance!

Re: What is it called?

generically known as insulation baffles. Never saw them in yellow. I've seen them in white polystyrene in home centers.

A. Spruce
Re: What is it called?

You can make your own out of cardboard, sheet metal, plexiglass, or plywood, whatever you've got handy.

THANKS for: What is it called?

Wow! Thank you for the very useful responses. I remembered seeing this on a TOH episode but nothing else (senior moment?) You all are terrific. Thanks again.

Re: What is it called?

good experience i really enjoy thanks to share :)

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.