Home>Discussions>BATHROOMS>What is best to fix our problem
3 posts / 0 new
Last post
What is best to fix our problem

Hi all.
Not to badmouth my wonderful husband, he is not a handyman. Last year (without my knowing) he decided to find out why about 6 tiles were sticking out near the bottom of the shower. He removed them, and put them back without gluing them to the board, or putting a proper seal around them. Now there is water damage. We removed the tile again (more this time) and the part of the drywall that was wet. Now we have a large hole (no mold :) ) that needs to be fixed.

I want to fix it right this time. What is the best kind of drywall to fill the hole with? What is the best kind of mud to use to seal the joints? We don't need a very big piece. Anyone know of a place near/in Denver that would sell, or give away scrap, or broken pieces or unused mud?


Re: What is best to fix our problem

cement backer board with fiberglass tape and mud made specifically for this is the best thing to replace the wet backer board with.

Check with your local Freecycle or Freebay organizations on yahoo groups to see if anyone has some to pass on.

Re: What is best to fix our problem

Thanks. I'll do that :)

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.