Home>Discussions>BATHROOMS>Waterproofing Systems
3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Waterproofing Systems

While watching Ask This Old House today, the show included Richard Trethewey applying thinset to the cement board surface then he applied a waterproof polyester membrane fabric that is used to waterproof the walls of the shower stall. Who makes this material and where can I get it locally? I live in the Los Angeles area and would like to get it for the tile work I will do tomorrow. Maybe Lowes or Home Depot carry it, but when I went to both today, each said they didn't know if they carried it or not. I appreciate any help.

Re: Waterproofing Systems

I'm unfamiliar of that episode but, if it was an orange color material it's likely the Kerdi system by Schulter. We use it quite often for tiled showers and it works great. As a matter of fact we use the Schulter shower system which comes with the base and water proof membrane. If you go to Schulter.com you will find the materials and likely where to purchase it.

Re: Waterproofing Systems

Great, I believe that's it. I found information on www.schluter.com. The product is Schluter-KERDI. I also researched another product Wall Seal made by Nobel Company, www.noblecompany.com they have a similar product.
Thanks for the reply!!!

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.