Home>Discussions>PLUMBING>Water Supply Extension Needed
4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Water Supply Extension Needed

Hello! I successfully installed a new kitchen faucet today only to find that one of the supply hoses is about 2" short. The hoses are integral to the faucet so I can't do anything at that end. Is there a simple solution to this? Thanks for any help you can pass along.

Re: Water Supply Extension Needed

The easy way is to install a nipple (brass nipples are available in 3/8" and 1/2") at the end of the built-in supply hose from the faucet, then add a short connector to the angle stop.

The more difficult way would be to move the angle stop closer up to the faucet connector.

Re: Water Supply Extension Needed

Thank you. Sounds simple enough. I've always preferred the easy way. Can I find the nipple and connector at any hardware store or should I be looking at a plumbing specialty place?

Re: Water Supply Extension Needed

Sold nearly everywhere that has plumbing supplies for sale. I prefer to extend the piping itself prior to the stop valve so that all the future faucet/supply tubes will work. One and done forever just makes sense to me.


Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.