2 posts / 0 new
Last post
water logged walls

Unfortunately i have a wall that is old and it smells funny. i had a termite inspector out and said it was water damaged. its only in one are of the walls. if i was to replace my window shall i replace the whole wall or the whole rooms walls? i dont know what to do. i need help and advice. all will be taken

Re: water logged walls

Generally, if you have had a leak, you stop the leak and repair that which is damaged. That could be part of one stud, damaged drywall, damaged sheeting, or even part of the sill. You won't know until you open and inspect the area, but you only need to replace that which is damaged.

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.