Home>Discussions>PLUMBING>Water Heater Drain Valve Cap Replacement?
2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Water Heater Drain Valve Cap Replacement?

I went to drain my water heater last night (nice TOH video showed me what I needed to do!), and found that the drain valve didn't have a cap that I can turn. Believe it or not, I can't find one. I have a pretty standard State ES652DORT water heater. Any suggestions on how to find a new cap or how to get the thing to turn without one, would be much appreciated, as I'd like to flush the water heater before a big freeze.

Re: Water Heater Drain Valve Cap Replacement?

Your drain cap must have fallen off. Well, you can use a pair of pliers to rotate the stem counterclockwise - it's like a regular bib (except that it's made of plastic). Use caution not to damage the it.

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.