We have a spare downstairs guest room with laminate flooring over concrete. The flooring was in the house when we bought it so I can't be sure but looking at an old off cut that was in the garden it looks like it is made of fine particle board or mdf.
Unfortunately my youngest daughter left the faucet running in the adjacent guest bathroom and we experienced a small flood. I got all the water up in the bathroom and hallway easily as we have tile flooring, but didn't notice until later when I stepped on the floating laminate floor in the guest room that water had gotten under the floor. There was no water on top of the floor. I'm really not concerned if the floor warps and has to be replaced, what my concern is the risk of mold if the floor doesn't warp and I don't replace it. Also what is the risk of mold on the framing timbers in the wall between the bathroom and the guest bedroom, an interior wall?
Thanks in advance of any advice