Home>Discussions>PLUMBING>Washing machine water surge noise
2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Washing machine water surge noise

I just saw a 2007 program where Richard assisted the homeowner with installing a very user-friendly device that attached to each of the hot/cold lines at the washing machine to prevent surge/hammering effect when the fill valve on the machine shuts off. The device resembles a balloon-shape at the top with easy-attach connections that simply screw on to the supply lines. What is the name of the product and where can I find it to purchase? I have searched online but cannot find this item that I saw.

Re: Washing machine water surge noise

Your probably after a water surge/ shock / hammer arestor .....Perhaps something like this ......... http://www.plumbingsupply.com/waterhammerarresters.html

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.