Home>Discussions>YARD & GARDEN>Underground Sprinkler Help
12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Re: Underground Sprinkler Help

i don't know what kind of pump you have or how it is set up but whar i used to work grounds at an apartment complex we used ponds water with a pumps to feed 12-16 zone clocks. when we had a problem with weak pressure and the system seemed to be good but it had to be flushed and reprimed to run it was usualy due to a flapper valve (it's a plastic/rubber gasket that has a flap like a doggie door in it that works like a one way check valve). it's was found in the goose neck part/coupler of the pump (the 90 deg or "S" shaped metal part that connects the pvc pipe to the pump). this flapper valves keeps the water in the pump from flowing back into the pond and keeping the pump primed. i hope this helps.


Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.