Home>Discussions>TV>Ask This Old House>Two Handled Thermostatic Shower
2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Two Handled Thermostatic Shower

Some time ago Ask This Old House did a piece in which Rich Trethewey installed a pressure balanced shower valve to replace an older two handled valve and eliminate scald issues. In the piece he recommended a Delta Monitor II shower valve as a two handled replacement for an older valve. As I have the same problem and would like to replace my old two handled shower valve with a pressure balance/thermostatic system without destroying the old tile, I've been looking for the Delta valve that Richard recommended. Unfortunately, it no longer seems to be available. Do you have any suggestions for a comparable replacement, or must I resign myself to being scalded or frozen in the shower?

Thanks for your assistance!

Mark Webster

Re: Two Handled Thermostatic Shower

If you haven't tried yet go to a plumbing supply store they should be able to help you with the situation. I'm sure that all the major manufacturers have a valve that will fit your situation.

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.