I hope someone can help me out, so here is the situation.
I recently installed track lighting in my home and after leaving the track lighting on for a few minutes it gets fairly hot. I'm thinking it is due to the wiring. I used my old light fixture wiring and connected it to the track wiring; black to black, white to white, and green/ground to copper/ground.
My main question is, would the ground wires if not properly grounded cause the light fixture to heat up? If it is not that, then could anyone help me or tell me what the problem may be.
I love the look of the track lighting, but may switch out the track lighting for something safer and uglier if I cannot get this problem solved. I'm a beginner at this and the guy at the hardware store told me it would be an easy install. It was an easy install, but I didn't expect this problem. Much appreciation to those who can help me with this problem. Thanks for your time.