We purchased a house that sat vacant for about 8 months. The house was winterized (red anti-freeze in the toilet). There is a gross smell coming from the toilet. The tank has been bleached and cleaned; the bowl has been bleached and cleaned.
Hubby and I decided that some bacteria probably built up in the channels *between* the tank and bowl. I put a bleach & blue tablet in the tank, and the smell has reduced, but it is still quite gross.
Do you agree with our theory of *why* there is a nasty smell? How can we get rid of the nasty smell? Thank you!
FYI - this is the only toilet in our house so it used constantly.