14 posts / 0 new
Last post
A. Spruce
TOH Alum Get Together

I think we should all build one of these, then meet up at Houston Remodeler's shop and have a race! :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBmnQN78aZU

MLB Construction
Re: TOH Alum Get Together

didn't know if i was supposed to laugh or not. he definitely get's major points for creativity. my favorite part was when he used the table saw instead of a lathe......you set the race up and i'll be there.

HoustonRemodeler
Re: TOH Alum Get Together

What ? No remote control ?

dj1
Re: TOH Alum Get Together

Airfare and Hotels courtesy of Houston Remodeler?

JLMCDANIEL
Re: TOH Alum Get Together

I don't know if I have enough extension cords to make it that far.

Jack

HoustonRemodeler
Re: TOH Alum Get Together

Y'all can stay in the spare bedroom. First to register gets the blow up mattress.

A. Spruce
Re: TOH Alum Get Together
MLB Construction wrote:

didn't know if i was supposed to laugh or not. he definitely get's major points for creativity. my favorite part was when he used the table saw instead of a lathe......you set the race up and i'll be there.

I watch a YouTube channel of a woodworker who does circle cutting on his tablesaw all the time. Uses the same jig this scaffold guy had. It's interesting, and the first vid I saw on YouTube about it, the guy was talking about all the crap he was getting in the comments from people who said it couldn't be done or done safely, he goes on to explain the process and then shows you how it's done. He also said the same thing I always do, and that is, if you don't know how to use your equipment, you shouldn't be using it, and, if you're afraid to do something DON'T DO IT! Safety really is just that simple.

Now about this scaffold race . . . LOL

HoustonRemodeler
Re: TOH Alum Get Together

How did you guys know someone stole my old metal scaffold frames? I still have the cross bracing, wheels and decking as a head start. I can use those right ?

A. Spruce
Re: TOH Alum Get Together
HoustonRemodeler wrote:

How did you guys know someone stole my old metal scaffold frames? I still have the cross bracing, wheels and decking as a head start. I can use those right ?

Ok, we'll give you the home field advantage, but you can only use rusty, bent, reclaimed nails to build your scaffold! :p

ed21
Re: TOH Alum Get Together

Somebody's got too much time on their hands.

HoustonRemodeler
Re: TOH Alum Get Together
Spruce wrote:

but you can only use rusty, bent, reclaimed nails to build your scaffold!

After I vacuum the shop floor, truck bed, and trailer floor I'll have plenty of material to work with :D

Pages

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.