Home>Discussions>TOOLS & PRODUCTS>Straight Edge with Grip on bottom
5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Straight Edge with Grip on bottom

In a show this morning when the gentleman was making a kitchen cabinet he used a straight edge that had a grip on bottom that also kinda guided the saw. I was looking to get this as a gift, but on the show they made no mention of brand, provider, where it can be purchased, etc. Does anyone know what this straight edge tool that was used to cut face for cabinet of small kitchen and gripped surface and guieded saw on show presented 11/23 might be purchased? Thank you!!

Re: Straight Edge with Grip on bottom

They're called 'Tru-Grip Clamps' and come in about 3 or 4 sizes - unfortunately they are currently discontinued.

I bought a set about 15 years ago and for some reason thought they were self squaring - they are not - you have to mark both edges of the plywood and align them just as if you were to clamp a 1x to use as a straight edge.

Re: Straight Edge with Grip on bottom

Sorry didn't see the show but if it looked like this it's a Festool plunge saw and guide. DeWalt now also manufactures one they call their Tracksaw.

Re: Straight Edge with Grip on bottom
Re: Straight Edge with Grip on bottom

I have one like the one that JLM shows in his message and I couldn't live without it. It's 52" and comes in really handy when trying to cut a 4x8 sheet of plywood into bite sized pieces to run on the table saw. I've used it with a router too with the same good luck. I'll probably pick up a shorter one 24" or 36" the next time I'm in a Rockler store. Really handy to have in the shop or on the job.

Good Luck.

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.