Home>Discussions>ELECTRICAL & LIGHTING>Square recesses lights....HELP!
4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Square recesses lights....HELP!

I have square recessed lights in my den, I want to change them with out cutting or patching the ceiling. Do you know of any alternatives? Ex...Conversion kits, replacement covers, etc..


Re: Square recesses lights....HELP!

A round peg typically won't with a square hole without some modification.

Re: Square recesses lights....HELP!

My inlaws have this same scenario. They have these lights in almost all the rooms in the house. In some rooms, they have removed the lights, put in a brace, and installed "ceiling-hugger" type celing fans (they completely cover the hole). In other rooms, they have done the same, but installed large (three bulb) circular glass fixtures over the openings. There are not too many options, but these are a clever few.

Re: Square recesses lights....HELP!

Just had another thought, thanks to the site's home page...you can always use a ceiling medallion. These are available at most home centers, and come in a variety of sizes. They can be painted to match, or painted a diffent color to make a focal point in the room.

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.