Home>Discussions>PLUMBING>Sprinkler Backflow leak
4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sprinkler Backflow leak

Greetings All,

I'm not sure what this part does or what it is called, but I believe it is a blackflow device for an old sprinkler system. (can't upload a picture I took for some reason)

It is leaking and I am wondering if I can simply remove it and cap the ends?

I'm not using this sprinkler system btw.


A. Spruce
Re: Sprinkler Backflow leak

If it's an abandoned sprinkler valve, then yes, you can remove it and cap the lines. You'll need to turn off the water first.

Do you have an in-ground pool? It could also be a pool supply, in which case you'll want to have it repaired or replaced.

Re: Sprinkler Backflow leak

I don't have a pool.

Many Thanks!

Re: Sprinkler Backflow leak

If it's unused just get rid of it and stop the leak. If the riser is in your way, remove it too. Remember the location of the cap, in case you change your mind.

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.