Home>Discussions>YARD & GARDEN>Sliding Shed Door Latch
2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sliding Shed Door Latch

I have a new garden shed. The entrance has two doors that slide on a track and meet in the middle. I'm wondering what kind of latch should I get for them. It's a decorative garden shed, so I'd like something a little nicer than just a padlock kind of thing. Although, I will put some kind of lock on it. Sorry, I thought I had some pictures here at work, but I'll have to upload those tonight.


Re: Sliding Shed Door Latch

The type of lock you are seeking is called a hasp lock. Try googling "decorative hasp lock". One source is Renovators Supply at www.rensup.com. With the hasp lock, the hasp on one door folds over a loop mounted to the other door. A padlock is then placed through the loop to secure the door.

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.