Home>Discussions>PLUMBING>shower valve replacement
1 post / 0 new
shower valve replacement

we recently purchased a cabin built in the 70's. The shower/tub contains a single faucet which keeps dripping for a while after shut off.

I tried to repair the valve by taking off the cover plate that secures the valve to the tub enclosure wall. Inside there is a dome shaped cylinder with a black band which looks like rubber. I could not remove the handle. There was no screw under the plastic circle containing hot and cold indications. I could not find a set screw on the handle. I don't know the manufacturer.
I suspect that this is a ball type faucet.

Any advise on how to repair this faucet will be appreciated.



Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.