Home>Discussions>BATHROOMS>Shower faucet help needed
2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Shower faucet help needed

My shower/bath has 2 faucets; one for the tub and one for the hand held sprayer. When I turn the knob that is supposed to make all the water come out of the hand held sprayer, water comes out of the sprayer but it also keeps coming out of the lower (tub) faucet. It isn't just a trickle either... it comes out at about 2/3 as much as it was when no water was coming out of the hand held sprayer. Is this something I can fix myself, or do I need to call a plumber?

Re: Shower faucet help needed

sounds like the diverter needs to be replaced or maybe a gasket in the diverter needs to be replaced. Ask TOH has done several segments on this, look one of them up, or youtube "how to change a tub diverter", watch the video and see if it looks like something you could tackle by yourself. if it looks too scary it's only about an hours labor for a plumber.

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.