2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Smashed Thumb

I see tom using shims that are shaped like a fork having two tines. The screw gets driven between the two times so the material is supported. Where can I find these? My local hardeare store wasn't familiar with them.

Smashed Thumb

Re: Shims

They were probably plastic shims furnished by the window manufacturer. But I can see no advantage of those over regular wooden shims. Here's one manufacturer. http://www.silplastic.com/products/shims-plastic.php

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.