Home>Discussions>NEW DIY IDEAS>Remodels & Upgrades>Rubberized underlaying between hardwood floors and subflooring
1 post / 0 new
Rubberized underlaying between hardwood floors and subflooring

My wife and I live in a Pier & Beam house built between the 1930s & 1940s. We have been having moisture issue, that has caused some areas of the subflooring to bow up at the joint. We are in the process of getting that fix, plus have more, beams, joists & piers put in. Also all preexisting wood shim replaced with steel and more added to new foundation support. Also, we are having a moisture barrier and skirting put in too, to prevent further problems. Well to say all that I come to what I am asking around to find out. Is it a good idea to put down a layer of rubberized membrane (the type made specifically for wood flooring) to help with sound, moisture & some insulation? Before we have the original hardwood flooring reinstalled & refinished. We are just trying to prevent future major problems.

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.