Our house was built circa 1911 with half+ of it still with original wiring. I believe it is called knob and tube with cloth wrapped wires. I am concerned for safety, age and with modern appliances, circuits get overloaded. We also have an older circuit box with breakers that look like large light switches. I know I need to get an electrical contractor for this job but would like pointers as to questions to ask them, issues I should know about, etc. The interior of the house is not sheetrock; it is either thin plywood or some kind of plaster. Is there a way to do this job without totally gutting the walls? Any ideas, pointers, direction you could supply would be greatly appreiated. Love your magazine!