Home>Discussions>BATHROOMS>Replacing old glued-on bathroom panelling
1 post / 0 new
Replacing old glued-on bathroom panelling

My bathroom has old, ugly panelling (kind of an off-white and gold marbled pattern, some sort of fiberboard probably). It appears to be glued up and there is a small section that has come unglued, so I can see that the glue/adhesive residue is left on the wall. It looks like it would be a hard job to remove it from the wall completely, so I'm thinking that my options are to either replace the drywall or cover it up. I was thinking about maybe just replacing the old panelling with beadboard. Since it's in the bathroom, do I need to get vinyl or would solid wood beadboard be OK? I'm guessing HDF or MDF wouldn't be the best choice due to humidity.

Any other options I should consider? Tile or something maybe? Although with an uneven surface underneath I don't know how well that would work.


Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.