Home>Discussions>EXTERIORS>Replacing crumbled foundation section
1 post / 0 new
Replacing crumbled foundation section

A section of foundation original to my home between two newer foundations under additions has crumbled. I removed the concrete facing that someone had put on it in the past and all that's behind it is piled rocks. What I'd like to know is how I could go about pouring concrete in to replace this section once I have removed some of the rocks. Or would it be better to use brick and mortar? What makes this more complicated is that the driveway abuts the foundation. I'm not sure how I could pour concrete into forms which are flush with the house because there would be no area above to pour into.

Image icon Download 4478.jpeg (70.59 KB)

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.