Home>Discussions>BATHROOMS>Replacing Ancient Toilet
3 posts / 0 new
Last post
4625 300th St NW
Replacing Ancient Toilet

:confused: We are remodeling the bathroom in our 1940 house. Is there any other way to "move" the toilet drain other than ripping up the floor? The drain measures 15 1/2" from the center of the drain to the finished wall. I seem to remember watching an episode of TOH where they used a kind of adapter rather than moving the drain itself. My husband says I am.......wrong. Please help.

Re: Replacing Ancient Toilet

There are such things as Toilet Offset Flanges. I remember the episode you are speaking of, it seems it was a unit you put under the toilet to adjust to the misaligned flange but I can't remember the episode or that particular product name.

Re: Replacing Ancient Toilet

Tes that is the only way to move the closet opening . In your case you might find a 14" rough toilet. They aint just every where but you can get them and in a variety of colors and styles.

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.