3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Relocate diverter?

My wife and I are trying to replace the current faucet setup in our tub/shower, and I've run into a bit of an issue. Our current faucet has a single knob, one where you tilt it up to turn the water on and rotate it left and right to control the temp. The diverter button is directly below the knob, coming out of the same hole in the wall. All of the faucets we've been looking at has the diverter on the tub spout. How hard is it to relocate the diverter? The shower is tiled and we don't have rear access, so I'm hoping whatever we need to do won't involve busting more holes in the wall.

Re: Relocate diverter?

It sounds like a Delta faucet. Are you looking to replace the faucet or repair it? To replace it you will need access from behind it if your not replacing the tile. Most new tub & shower faucets will fit the existing hole you have in the tile.


Re: Relocate diverter?

If your new valve doesn't have a diverter on it, and your new tub spout does, than it will work just fine.

Got a picture of the area?

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.