Home>Discussions>INSULATION & HVAC>Recirculating fan for kitchen
1 post / 0 new
Recirculating fan for kitchen

I have a 100+ yr old house. In the kitchen there is no hood, just an exhaust fan mounted in one of the exterior walls. While I like the exhaust fan, I want something over the range to trap the grease and oil before it moves around the room/house. I do not want to run duct work from a hood, so I am thinking of mounting a recirculating fan (non-vented) with charcoal filters on the underside of some cabinetry I plan to install over the range. However for aesthetic reasons I do not want to have a fixed hood protruding from the edge of the 12" deep wall cabinets (which seems to be the norm); I'd rather go for a slide-out model. Moreover, I do not want to take up a lot of space in the wall cabinet, so I'd like to find a unit which is perhaps just 6" tall or less. Does anyone know of a recirculating fan which is no deeper than 12" and then slides out when in use, no taller than 6" and is perhaps 30-36" wide?

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.