We had our kitchen redone a year ago (it's not completed yet, my work left). The electrician talked my husband into installing recessed lighting. Well, first I'm a green person and I wanted something energy efficient not something that would heat up the house. They appeased me with dimmer switches.
Now I am concerned with the attic. I'm not even sure he used the right cans. We had to have the front half of the roof completely replaced in the fall because of mold. I checked the home inspectors report from 13 years ago and he did note some mildew on the front roof so it had been there; however there is a reason it was there. The insulation was installed backwards, vapor side up, that he didn't note. The paper is mostly deteriorated now so I think that I can take it up and insulate it properly. Might even be able to use some of the old stuff on top without the paper.
My question is, how to insulate around these damn lights and how to keep their heat out of the attic? :mad: