4 posts / 0 new
Last post
pvc pipe tool

Sometime within the last 3 years on either TOH or Ask TOH Rich showed a tool that could be chucked into a drill that would drill out an old fitting glued into the flared end of a PVC pipe so that a new fitting could be glued in. I tried searching the site but can't find anything when searching for "PVC tools","PVC pipe tools", or "repair PVC pipe". Can anybody shed some light on what this tool is called and where it can be purchased?


Re: pvc pipe tool

It's called a "ram bit."

Now that you know what it's called, it should be easy to find.

MLB Construction
Re: pvc pipe tool

and i've never been to a plumbing supply place that doesn't sell them

Re: pvc pipe tool

Some rental places have them

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.