I'm a senior citizen (woman) and want to do this project the easiest way possible. Does this sound right?
My new front porch (mahogany boards) was installed a few years ago, and at that time the installer finished them using Cabot's Australian Timber Oil, Natural. It's time to apply another coat.
1. I plan to hand-sand a small section where winter ice-melt crystals caused footprints to appear leading to door.
2. I will then clean all the porch boards using a TSP solution; followed by a good rinse.
3. I will let the boards dry for at least two sunny days.
4. I will apply Cabot's Australian Timber Oil with a lambswool applicator, preferably using a pole style applicator,
so I won't have to get on my knees.
5. After one application I will let it dry completely over several sunny days before using porch.
Please reply with comments, as I don't want to mess this up, LOL !!!