The paint right above our shower surround (stall style) has began to peel and mildew a bit and I am looking for advice on how to nip this in the bud properly.
The peeling is happening right at the point where drywall meets fiberglass surround (caulk line).
I think the initial process is:
1. Disinfect (triphosphate, dry, diluted bleach). Dry.
2. Sand the peeling paint to remove it.
HERE'S WHERE I AM UNSURE. QUESTIONS:
3. What product do I use to relevel the wall where I sanded (that is bath/steam/moisture friendly).
4. Is there a better paint or product to prevent this in the future? I know there are mildrew blocking primers, but I'm also curious about type of paint, etc.
5. I assume silicone caulk is the product of choice to finish things up. Correct?
Thanks very much. First house. :)