Home>Discussions>TOOLS & PRODUCTS>Please??!!What is this tool??
5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Please??!!What is this tool??

I've been looking everywhere with no success. This hand held tool is made by James Electronic Tool Co. Palo Alto Ca. I can find no info on the tool or the company. What is this???

Timothy Miller
Re: Please??!!What is this tool??

Howdy it is a Atkins no carbohydrates hot dog holder......

Moon Over My Hammy
Re: Please??!!What is this tool??

Looks like a shear type wire lead cutter hand tool with a length rule for smaller guage wire. Step one for preparing a lead or small length of wire for assembly (such as on a PC board), or a mid-point production or QA tool used to trim to spec a manufactured componant's wire lead.

These days we'd probably use a retaining end cutter to prevent flying leads (the cut ends flying randomly) in mid- or post-production (if we still had any electronics manufacturing left in the US), and probably use a bench shear or a CNC machine to cut to length off a spool in pre-production (machine driven cheaper and more accurate than manual labor).

Re: Please??!!What is this tool??

It looks like some metal bender or crimper to me. Something to fold the seams in standing seam roofs or crimp them together before fastening them with mechanical fasteners.

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.