Home>Discussions>BATHROOMS>Please help with my bathroom sink issue!
2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Please help with my bathroom sink issue!

Hello all,

I believe we have a Hampton 2-Handle 8 Inch Widespread High-Arc Bathroom Faucet in the bathroom of our rental apartment.

When the cold tap is turned on there is a drip / leak from beneath the sink, and it seems to be coming from the hose connecting to the tee portion (see photos)

I've looked at the install / parts diagram and it shows a replacement kit, but this has screw on connectors, but the current installtion seems to utilize some other kind of connectors, again, see photos. 

What would this kind of connector be called? how does it connect? is it some kind of push fitting, or a screw on fitting? 

I am very reluctant to push / pull on the connector as I don't want to a) make the drip / leak worse, or b) actually break the connector, as I'd need to replace the whole thing.

Any suggestions as to how to address this problem, or disconnect / reconnect the fitting, as said I don't want to mess it up!

Thanks for any help.

Re: Please help with my bathroom sink issue!


From the looks of things in the picture, it is time to replace everything. All the green on the pipe is a sign that water is leaking there also. That is most likely a compression connector. But you cannot be sure until you remove it from the sink. I do not see evidence of water leaking from that point, that is the lowest point on the fixture, so water will drip from there. Does not mean that is where the water leak is actually. Remove it from the sink and then put it back together. It is nothing that cannot be replaced with something better.


Handy Andy In Mt Aairy NC

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.