I have a 1905 house that I purchased in 2003. There was an issue with water leaking in at the chimney that I knew about when I bought the house. I have had a lot of work done on the chimney and roof to repair the issues. The problem I am having is that I still have mold/fungus growth on the plaster on the chimney. Do I need to remove the plaster from the chimney and then replace it to get rid of this? I have spent a lot of time working on the issue with just about everything I can think of to get rid of the mold but every time it rains, the mold comes back. If removing the plaster is necessary, any tips on how to remove it without damaging the brickwork underneath?
Thanks in advance.