3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pier And Beam Sag...

I live in a house that is about 100 years old. I have had the foudation leveled on several occasions but, I continue to suffer from settling.

The settling results in cracks in my drywall and, recently, walls pulling away from each other.

How can I repair this problem myself?

Here is an example:

Timothy Miller
Re: Pier And Beam Sag...

Howdy contact a consulting structural / soils engineer for an inspection and verbal report then make an informed decision. With repeated repairs and now walls pulling apart you need the knowledge of an enginer- did you have one in the past direct the repair?

Re: Pier And Beam Sag...

Not to endorse the company but it's time to call a professional like Olshan or Permalift.

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.