Home>Discussions>PAINTING & FINISHING>Painting around scallopped border
2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Painting around scallopped border

I'm trying to paint my kitchen that has a vine-themed wallpaper border which doesn't have a straight lower edge - the leaves of the vine 'hang down'. Is there a clear masking that a person could cover the border with and then cut along the edges of the leaves in order to be able to apint up to the edge? Trying to avoid having to paint up to edge along the entire room.

A. Spruce
Re: Painting around scallopped border

Sadly, what you ask would be far more work than just cutting in around the details of the border. Sorry. Get yourself a good brush, probably in the 1" to 2" range, if that's too big, then go to an art supply store and get artist's brushes to do the fine details.

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.