Home>Discussions>INSULATION & HVAC>Old hot water heat radiator valves
3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ron Schmitz
Old hot water heat radiator valves

My first time here.....so let's give it a try!! I have hot water radiator heat and the radiator valves are frozen, either open or closed. I have taken them apart for service and some need parts....broken shafts, missing valve sleeve, etc. Where can I find good used parts or new? Is there such a thing a a retro valve replacement inserts (into the body???) Any help is appreciated!! (Simplex valves, Pat., June 1896)

Re: Old hot water heat radiator valves

Yes there are. Do a google search for Thermo radiator valves - some brands are danfoss, or try Macon - they would have what you're looking for.


Re: Old hot water heat radiator valves

Also try local used plumbing supply shops, house demolition companies, salvage yards---many times the large number of cast iron rads they collect still have the valves attached, which they are willing to sell.

Some people use new ball valves---at $10 a pop they're a hell of a lot less expensive than traditional valves.

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.